I have realized that I have to revert back to my first year sleeping schedule just to stay awake in my lectures. One would think that after getting a good night's sleep, 7-8 hours, you would be awake and ready to learn, but no sir, not me! I can only stay awake in class if I've had 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. So much for my telomeres, I can just feel them getting shorter and shorter sigh...
I will digress here to point out that you need your telomeres! They are at the end of everyone's DNA, and help keep the double helix from winding! Every time your DNA/cell replicates, a few telomeres are lost in the process. Their loss is also a reason why humans age with time! Scientists have been able to stimulate telomerase production in mice which has reversed the aging process in the mice, but not with out causing huge cancers and tumors to grow. Regardless, it is a a leap forward for human, which could potentially lead to humans living even longer lives.
Anyways, back to my 6 hours of sleep; the lack of sleep has helped me stay awake in in most of my classes! I have found my self being a lot more attentive in most of my classes, especially 236.
As I sit here thinking of things to write about this week...I cannot help but wonder if anyone is even going to read this blog...
I can't think of anything to write tonight, maybe I'll have more luck next week, and maybe more to talk about.
Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment