Saturday, 20 October 2012

Revelations and Realizations

These past couple of weeks have been very interesting and eye opening! I've realized where I need to improve, socially and academically, have had falling outs with special persons, fallen behind on work (which I am now rectifying) and had an awesome linear algebra midterm.

It's sad to say that the linear algebra midterm is the only amazing midterm I've written so far. I try not to think about my csc236 midterm and the stats 247....*shudder*. csc207 seems to be the only course that I'm doing amazingly well in thus far! This new concept of working in groups, using subversion and relying on different means of communications is quite intriguing.

Sadly, to keep up with the courses I actually require for this subject post (computer science, in case anyone was wondering), I've had to drop a course I was really, really interested in; Stars & Planets (ast221). It was really challenging and time consuming to say the least, but the physics of stellar objects have always fascinated me. The unapproving stares of the astronomy crew were unsettling, but we were able to reach middle ground with some of my friends in that course. They would not glare at me, if I was to still attend the lectures! Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, seeing as I do not mind sitting in on the lectures. So what if I no longer have to spend days and weeks on problem sets for that class? I can still learn dammit! Downside; I now have to make up half a credit...

Interestingly enough, csc236 has become a little less of a pain for me in the past two weeks; either I'm getting a hang of it, or the lectures are just interesting as always, and once I go home and try proofs, I realize once again that I have no idea what i'm doing. Somehow, this picture sums up my situation quit nicely!

On a totally unrelated note; the new season of The Walking Dead had a pretty good premiering episode! Can't wait for the next episodes, although...   ---WARNING: AHEAD BE SPOILERS!----





...I cannot believe Lori is (or seems) okay with Carl being allowed to carry a gun and shoot [dead and mutilated] humans in the head. It seems like he has a stronger personality from the first two seasons, but now he seems just apathetic towards shooting a gun and killing. I do not think he will escape with no mental repercussions. I feel really bad for Rick though...he seems to be putting up a front in front of the group to keep everyone else strong, but towards the end of the episode, you can really see how taxing his relationship with Lori, along with everything else that is happening around them is on him. Fingers crossed for a good season!

Lastly...Game of Thrones season 3 as well has George R. R. Martin on the sixth book, really need to hurry up. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment